Saturday 24 May 2014

Tour Day Twelve - Yokohama

As soon as we stepped off the train and reached the streets of Yokohama I was buzzed. This place has been on my bucket list for a while.

We dropped our bags at the hotel and went exploring.

As Yokohama is right on the waterfront the weather was both warm and windy, making the stroll a pleasant change from some of the muggier places. It was even better with icecream!

We visited a pokemon shop and ghibli store inside the base of Landmark Tower, and I also snuck in ten minutes at a manga shop.

After a bit of gentle nudging I was convinced to swallow my fears and venture up to the 69th floor of Landmark Tower Observatory in the worlds fastest elevator.

I'm so glad I did, the views from the top were incredible and it was very surreal to find a cafe that high up!

No comments:

Post a Comment